Kingston, the holiday season is here! It’s easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of it all, and forget the real reasons for why we celebrate the holidays. If you’re feeling sapped and lacking a bit of inspiration this year, you are not alone! Hawthorne Kitchens is here to help. We’re here to give you fun and inexpensive tips for the hub of your home to promote comfort, energy and to keep you inspired for the days ahead. Enjoy holiday warmth with these tips that will make your kitchen sparkle and shine.
Use this time to plan!
Let’s face it: the holidays can be pricey. Right now may not be the ideal time for your dream reno, but this downtime could be a great time to start planning your dream kitchen in 2024! Don’t hesitate to contact our team and ask how we can make your custom kitchen dreams come true. We would be happy to walk you through your different options and give you the tools to start planning over the coming months for a space that fits your budget and vision. Another great place to start is this guide for planning your kitchen renovation. Remember, we’re more than just kitchens! Our expert craftsmanship, plus exquisite countertops and cabinetry can be constructed in other areas of your home.
Simple Changes for a Cozy Kitchen
Festive cheer and a revamped space – what a gift! Here are some decorating ideas that can transform your space into a fun, holiday-themed wonderland while still keeping the integrity of your existing kitchen.
- Copper touches. Copper is beautiful, timeless and can be used year-round, but it takes on another level of magic during the holidays. Pair with these other warm and bright kitchen ideas to really make it shine.
- Adorn your Kitchen with a Festive Garland. Adding garlands around the windows and shelves – and mixing it in with twinkle lights – can give the space a feeling of abundant holiday magic.
- Create a Coffee and Hot Cocoa Bar: Transform a cozy little corner of your kitchen into a cute station where guests and family can enjoy a sweet escape during your holiday events. Adorn it with holiday florals and Christmas mugs for a complete look.
- A Wholesome Holiday Dinner. Holiday-themed table runners, centerpieces and rustic fake candles can make those holiday meals extra merry and bright.
Festive Florals Inspo
Florals can give your kitchen and dining area a completely different feel – this includes faux florals that you can enjoy again and again. This time of year, we’re going for calm, bright, warm and cozy vibes. Here are some seasonal ideas for your festive floral bouquets/arrangements:
- Classic Poinsettias
- Holly Berries
- Fir Sprigs
- Red Roses
- Christmas Rose
Tip: If you’re opting for faux florals, spray your florals with this frankincense room spray for a Christmas-themed aroma you can enjoy everytime you come home.
Simple Recipes for Busy People
If you’re entertaining this holiday season, but you’re busy and strapped for time, we’ve got you covered. Here are some amazing holiday recipes that don’t require a lot of time or culinary skill, and will surely impress your guests!
- These Super Cute Grinch Cookies
- Simple and Sweet 3-Ingredient Holiday Thumbprint Cookies
- Too Easy 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls
- Festive Roasted Chicken and Brie Holly Mini Bites
- Simple, Savoury Cucumber Sandwiches
We hope these tips and ideas were helpful, and that you even use a few of them while entertaining your guests this season! Your kitchen is a space meant to bring loved ones together. Let’s make it count this year! With a few small, festive changes, you can make the hub of your home a fun and yes, even magical place to be, for all ages.
From the team at Hawthorne Kitchens Kingston, we wish you a very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a great holiday season.